Survey Panel Procedures
Administration of University of Mississippi Survey Panels
Individuals preparing to survey individuals (students, faculty, staff and/or alumni) at the University of Mississippi must review the following procedures.
These guidelines apply to all requests for survey panel information (e.g., email addresses, FERPA-protected student data, personnel and alumni addresses and data) for the purpose of directly soliciting individual participation from UM students, faculty, staff, and/or alumni in a survey f (online or paper-based data collection tool) and/or focus groups.
The following is a list of exemptions to the survey policy application. If your survey meets one of these criteria, you do not have to submit a survey panel application form.
- Surveys within an office or academic department, where the survey author already has access to the sample panel
- Surveys evaluating an event or program, where the survey author already has access to the sample panel
- Institutional or organization elections
- Surveys that recruit participants indirectly using tools such as social media, UM Today or the Daily Mississippian
Procedure for requesting a survey panel
- Complete the Survey Panel Application which requires the following:
- Purpose of the survey and/or how it will be used
- Contact information, including department or unit
- Proof of IRB approval, if applicable
- Description of the sample, sample size, and justification for the sample size (requests for sample panels greater than 30% of the total population will rarely be approved)
- Recruitment procedures and timeline
- If approved, Institutional Research, Effectiveness, and Planning (IREP) coordinates providing the survey panel to requestor
- Allow 3-5 business days for the survey panel application to be reviewed and an additional 5-7 business days for approved panel applications to be fulfilled.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.