The purpose of assessment is to systematically improve the quality of student learning, teaching, research, service, and processes at UM.
We accomplish this goal by:
- Identifying learning outcomes and administrative outcomes
- Developing assessment tools to assess the outcomes
- Then analyzing and using the data to make improvements in academic programs and administrative units
Evidence of assessment is necessary for number of audiences, including regional and program accrediting bodies and though assessment can happen at many levels (e.g., for courses or departments), we take assessment to occur at the degree program or unit level.
- Dr. Kate Kellum leads the assessment processes
- Assisted by Ms. Camille Toles
- provides administrative support and coordination
- Contact us at 662-915-7387 (we love this stuff)
Gives an overview of new survey policies at UM
Gives an overview of assessment at The University of Mississippi
Training videos, guides, and manuals to help you with assessment information in TracDat
A collection of resources to help you with assessment: examples, instructions, rubrics, and other documents
New and growing page with answers to frequently asked assessment questions